Forums

Forums Home

Lived Experience Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Community Guide

Daily Diary writting ( Hints and tips ) on how to continue ( encouragement )

Hello Everyone

How do you keep your daily Diary ??

some of us have been talking around the forum  about our keeping our diary up to date for appointments , how do you find it

I myself I tend to forget to remember to keep my diary up to date and remember to write eveything in there

, how do you keep it going ?.

@Zoe7, @Ant7, @Maggie, @Mazarita, @eth, @Exoplanet, @Wanderer, @frog, @greenpea, @CheerBear, @Queenie, @Time

Tags (1)
16 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Daily Diary writting ( Hints and tips ) on how to continue ( encouragement )

Sorry @Shaz51 not much help here. I'm not even sure where my diary is.

Was doing it for my pain management but the doctors weren't interested in looking at it so it is now gathering dust somewhere.

For other things I use my phone calendar but still not very good at keeping track of things.

Re: Daily Diary writting ( Hints and tips ) on how to continue ( encouragement )

same here @Wanderer

I am suppose to keep a diary on my diabetes, kidney ect , and when I went to the dietician , she did not even look at my food diary

I write all our appts on the wall calendar -- mine, mr shaz and mum`s but that`s about it

i do my sugar levels readings , but i don`t write down how i feel or what i eat then the Gp don`t even look at it

Yep @Shaz51 Seems to be the go.

One person tells you to record everything then the next ignores it.

I kept sugar levels regurlarly,

Pain levels,

Activities

and such.

Then the doctors don't bother looking. Later they ask what has been happening, and expect you to remember after you stop recording it because they weren't interested in the first place.

Dealing with the health system is like dealing with a health issue itself.

Been two years now trying to get the DSP because I can't walk far, can't walk on the beach without shoes and can't even do my own shopping. Constantly on crutches now and developing arthritis in my hands. Pain is only increasing and doctors and centrelink hate each other.

We should have a letting of steam icon Smiley Very Happy

I have tried to get the DSP 3 times over the years @Wanderer, the last time they said I missed out by one point

@Shaz51

Doctor, work rehab, my social worker handling Centrelink for me and Centrelink themselves say I can't work.

Still, dsp say not all the boxes are ticked.

Seeing my social worker again tomorrow, see what to do next.

Have been on doc certs for more years than I can remember. Trying to work the farm and getting worse until I can hardly walk, they are going to have to do something, there is no option.

Hi @Shaz51 🙂 Just catching up on a couple of tags and came across this one. I use Google calendar on my phone to keep appointments. My phone is always with me so as soon as something comes up I put it in there and in syncs across my phone, tablet and laptop. I find it really handy in helping me make sure I don't double book things and use it to set reminders too. I colour code things on there also (money stuff, kids stuff, my stuff, special events or days etc).

On a wall in my room I also have a big whiteboard and with a section where I write what's on for the week. I have a terrible memory for this kind of stuff but the little system I have works well for me 🙂

Hello @Shaz51 Heart

I put it straight into my phone - the calendar bit . . . with an alarm, if I didn't do that I wouldn't remember anything Smiley Happy

[P.S. I'VE GOT A FENCE & REAL GATES!!!!! Smiley Very Happy]

Hi @Shaz51, I write in my diary at bedtime. Woffling can be a problem, so save that for last, 

1. List days events (one line, expand later). I like to start line with apex time things occurred, including summary of chance encounters, mail, phone calls & tx.

2. Finish with something positive you noticed or gained or contributed today

3. List of to dos tomorrow

time & energy permitted - expand details on on summary list. 

Hello @Exoplanet, @CheerBear, @Wanderer

thank sounds great @lapses

@Wanderer, I forget to write everything down like Food, water , how I feel , aches and pains , ect

For urgent assistance, call: