Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

.... yeah @Former-Member, I think @Determined got away with that one.

vy1bs.jpg

Hi @Former-Member thank you for tagging me in this thread Smiley Happy

Yes I do like my plants. I'm still a bit of a novice though Smiley Very Happy My experience is pretty limited to the plants I'm able to have. 

As I don't have much garden space, I'm restricted to potted plants only. I've got a mix of plants including many canna lillies (very hardy), bougainvilleas, hibscus, rubber trees, ferns, a couple of avacado saplings grown from seed, a variety of succulents and cacti. I've also recently started on indoor plants as my outdoor space is almost full. My indoor plants include orchids, terrariums, more succulents, and the obligatory lucky bamboo. 

I'm hoping one day to have more garden space, so until then, I'm pretty much at my limit with plants. 

I find my plants have been a really good tool for self-care, because it's so rewarding to watch them grow and thrive, even if your life situation isn't going the way you'd hoped. It's also great to take a little time-out from my day to water and maintain my plants and just enjoy being outdoors in my little patch of nature.

The fact that all of my plants are potted makes it very easy to manage watering and care, and most of my plants are hardy enough to survive my occasional forgetfulness Smiley LOL

Thanks again for tagging me Smiley Happy

That ia quite a collection you have @PlantLady .  Feel free to post pictures of your flowers. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Have spent a little time this morning cleaning up some tools and oiling them. Have been surprised at how well they have scrubbed up. 

Mr Darcy got stuck into another area and did some weeding. I moved a couple of smaller plants so we could widen a short section of pathway that was too narrow for the mower to get through. 

I was going to skip gardening today to give the secateur blister developing on my finger time to heal, but I decided to "just check" one of my bulb baskets, found the bulbs looking underfed and the soil looking crummy, so I couldn't put them back without adding a bit of better soil and some manure... could I? 😄

what kind of plants do you have @PlantLady 

Hello @Former-Member , @Appleblossom , @Smc , @Determined 

IMAG0606.jpg

IMAG0607.jpg

IMAG0608.jpg

Today has been a busy day in the garden, Mr Darcy dug up a Japonica bush (flowering quince) and we moved it to another spot and I got a garden bed weeded.

Bit more tidying up done in the garden, an unruly patch of irises dug up, divided and moved to finish off a bed that was half planted. Mr Darcy got a section of garden mown. 

Beautiful weekend for it, @Former-Member! Feeling inspired now, might have to make some time tomorrow

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance