Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

It is normal to feel unhappy @Owlunar - our fur babies are such a huge part of our lives and when they are no longer there they leave a massive hole Smiley Sad

I like your holiday plans - and know you love Lakes Entrance. It would be a good respite spot to recharge your batteries a little too Dec. That familiarity and peace combined could be just what you are after seeing as you have been dealing with a lot lately. 

Yes - I know @Zoe7

I usually do better than this but I miss the cat like I never could have imagined

My neighbour liked her a lot too - and although we rarely speak to each other I told him that the cat had died yesterday and he told me ge had noticed that she wasn't running around at all recently - just sitting in her favourite spot outside his front door and she would meow to him but didn't bother to get up and run about or chase the birds - so that was more information - she was a sick cat and needed to cross the bridge

And it hurts so much - I can hardly believe how much - but in spite of this it is worth it - all the great years I had with her - she was a beautiful animal and I loved her

Dec

Having that added information from your neighbour re-inforces that you did the right thing by her @Owlunar - and as painful as it is for you at the moment take solace in the fact that you gave her as much love as possible both in life and in death. It doesn't make it better but it can make it a little easier to deal with.

I have finished my planning - just need to send it off to the principal and photocopy some things tomorrow - shouldn't take too long but I will need to get there early before the morning meeting.

Thanks @Zoe7@BlueBay

I have decided to go to bed - I did wake up very early this morning and maybe I will sleep early

I had a wonderful life with that cat - she was beautiful - so friendly and cuddly - and she would listen to me and I am sure I have written how she would get between me and my book so I would read to her sometimes. I could tell her anything and she would just listen and I shared my life with her and she gave me all of hers and we were a little family

I have lost a child and know this is painful now but it will pass because she is my 6th cat and that's not counting the dog, several birds and some hermit crabs - I even had a pet huntsman spider with 7 legs that lived in the vines in my back yard - so wherever pets go when they pass on they will possibly all be together

We have our pets for a short time and maybe they prepare us for the greater losses in life - who knows - my mother had a cat - I often wondered why because she didn't seem to care for it - she always said that having pets was too hard because they would die.

I need to go to bed and cry for a while - I will be okay - I will always be okay - I have been through much worse than this and survived it

But thanks so much

Dec

I hope you find comfort in releasing some of the sadness in tears @Owlunar = a good cry can often help. Thinking of you and sending you huge hugs and lots of love. You will get through this as you say but that doesn't make dealing with loss of any kind easier.

Take care Dec and sleep well Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20181214_050436.png

(((((((((( @Owlunar ))))))))

Hi @Owlunar

Thinking of you. Hope you managed to get to sleep ok. Sometimes crying is needed. 

Hugs and love ❤️❤️

Thanks for the link @TAB

How wonderful - I would not have thought that releasing wolves would have been a good idea but as the clip says - doing so restorede the balance of nature - starting with the thinning out of the deer so the habitate could regenerate - it's beautiful

Thanks again friend Tabby CatCat Happy

Thanks @BlueBay - I was busy yesterday - I am nearly always busy on Fridays but I was okay to get on with it - 

I was so tired on Thursday night - I was blamming the weather with all that rain and that might have affected me - but I was crying a lot during the evening and when I went to bed I went straight to sleep and slept right through

Now I can't think - I am sure I wrote something about seeing CASA myself but I forget exactly what and certainly didn't write any details which might have been interesting to add to the convo there so I am going across now to add it in

You have been through so much yourself I didn't want to add to your story really - if that makes sense - but it is a bit different so I will write it

You are so brave and strong coninuing with your therapy as you are

And thanks for your support - it has meant so much through the last couple of weeks

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance