Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Hugs to you too @Faith-and-Hope ❤️❤️

@BlueBay @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope how were your days anyone around for a chat

Hi @Pepsimax 👋 

@Pepsimax My day has been okay. Had a gp appointment - got antibiotics for my chest infection and have been resting since I got home - fell asleep for a while tonight. My little fluffball was sick today and has seemed to be not himself tonight - he ate all his dinner though and is asleep now but I am keeping my eye on him.

How has your day been?

Hi @Faith-and-Hope how is your evening going?

@Pepsimax @Zoe7 ..... I went to the uni library and sorted some more work out .... getting the hang of some of the basic computer functions (not braving Photoshop very much yet .... lol) and getting research done ..... so that’s all good.

Late dinner here cos the kids wanted to chat for a bit.

Fell asleep here @Faith-and-Hope so had my night meds late - getting really tired again but good to catch you before I fall asleep again. My eyelids are getting heavy again so not sure how much longer I will be here tonight.

You and Photoshop don't get on very well do you lol - good that you are sorting out the other computer stuff though.

Nice to have a chat with the baby dragons - hope they are all doing well Smiley Happy

The baby dragons are still not launching with their uni work @Zoe7, and S2 is falling further behind again, but he has counsellors and a psych to talk things through with, so I am just sitting back and only getting involved when / if he asks me to.

I asked the kids tonight how they felt about the fact that we cane here for their studies, but I have ended up being the one stable at uni when they’re not ..... and both said that they are over the moon to see me embracing it and loving what I am doing.  They are viewing my studies independently of what is happening for themselves.  It was so good to hear that.  It means that my studies are a stabilising influence, even if it’s not inspiring them directly.

Goodnight Hon.  Sleep quickly and well.

💜💤💕

It is great that your kids feel that way about you and your studies @Faith-and-Hope Maybe in time they will acquire more motivation themselves. It is great that S2 has all that support and that you are giving him that space to work things out for himself. ...and for him to know you are there with him if he needs is important too Hon.

I know D3 was disappointed about not getting into the same course as you - I hope she finds something in the short term she can get into before that course begins again next year.

It's so great that you are settling into our uni studies @Faith-and-Hope - I am always glad when women go back to school or continue their studies - it's enabling and builds self-esteem and gives you a life-long advantage with knowledge generally and tends to build upon itself naturally

Which is what I have found 

Not all kids are suited for academic work - my daughter is highly intelligent but not a university type - she did her apprenticeship in gardening and has worked constantly since she left school except when my grand-daughter was small - and now she is a highly qualified horticultural advisor - after being pushed into an apprenticeship she actively promoted her own life - and for the last couple of months has been busy training new assistants where she works

So maybe your kids will find their own paths - perhaps uni studies are not for them - there are plenty of avenues for continuing education open for them - they are young yet

And great too that S2 has advisors to help him - it's a tough start for him and D3

I am pretty sure they will all find their own way as you are setting a great example for them and they are given every chance and I wish all of you the best

Dec

Morning @Zoe7 ....🤗💕

How did you sleep ?

I am just emerging now, thinking about the pool.

I stayed up with visual diary work last night, enjoying that creative zone, and knowing that I could sleep in this morning, but S2 came to see me at a time I would usually be up .... I was dozing anyway .... cos he didn’t sleep last night.  Just getting his sleep patterns back under control is his focus at the moment, but he may not be able to complete his course this year, between the overdue assignments and recurring sleep issues .... 😔

D3 has decided not to pursue a short course either .... so both of them are still floating loose .... but I can neither resolve the issues they are struggling with, not make decisions for them, so I will just continue setting my sails and being as supportive to their life-balancing efforts as I can.  Modelling how to do it is probably the strongest support I can give them, because it is their inner processing that is holding them back, and that is linked to their mi, so that is their journey.  That’s why I am going to get up and go to the pool, (apart from it being good for me) .... it’s not a driven exercise behaviour like my mr. is invested in .... but regular exercise is important and stabilising ..... and they need to see that.

Can’t be “throwing the baby out with the bath water” so to speak and avoiding exercise in response to mr’s addiction, and how overwhelming that is for the rest of us.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance