Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Art is a guarantee of mental health

Hi Chemonro,

Thanks for the article link, very interesting. I think she's spot on, it's certainly a saving grace!

Best regards,

Kristin

hi all...

luvd reading all ur comments & replies...

while i'm an avid observer of art, my personal artform is interior design & fashion...

it's strictly on a personal basis but it does help me to 'get over myself' or distract me from head miles when i open a book or google a website...

as has been said, art comes in many forms, thnx for allowing me to share mine... Woman Happy

Maybe try something new? Like an entirely different medium...clay? Plasticine? Craft clay? Beading? Jewellery design....I started with bags and morphed into quilts...and tapestry..tapestry is extremely portable and I often pick up cheap canvas and wools/silks in op shops..I don't always use the design if there is one printed on the canvas, I just do my own thing....is often heaps cheaper than a tapestry shop by miles!

Life drawing from tonight. One man and his piano. 

IMG_20140911_211311_1.jpg

Hi chemonro,

I am in awe!! You are a talented person indeed!!

Hobbit.

Hehe thanks.

Oh, keep on posting that stuff

Hi all,

Sorry I have been quiet for so long - working hard the last few weeks getting myself down from a manic phase, and without a crash. What a relief! Self-medicated with lots of quiet time, minimal busyness.

I have been working on this (life-sized) painting for about a year. It's called Outpouring of Grace - a wish and a blessing for you all.

Outpouring of Grace.jpg

Kind regards,

Kristin

Oh such light! So powerful! 

Thanks Che Smiley Happy,

Only time I've had the same vision twice, and it actually turned out looking quite like what I saw. I've tried reproducing a few but they usually look nothing like what I saw, even if they work from a perspective of giving the idea of it. So I am pretty chuffed! I am hoping to enter it into Lilydale Art Show if I can get it framed in time (old rather beaten up 2nd hand op shop frame with holes in it and a nail sticking out one end - perfect!, and painted black).

Hopefully all ready in time.

Kind regards,

Kristin

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance