Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Arizona
Senior Contributor

My day

I felt somewhat sad, irritable and withdrawn today. I don't feel like anything is wrong though. I just noticed my change in mood. I don't have any depression or anxiety right now.

What I achieved today...

I got out of bed before 12pm and stayed out of bed all day.

I washed my face with a warm face washer and it was very soothing.

I did my affirmation in the mirror for 5 minutes. Today I said "I love and approve of myself."

I ate healthy food all day. 

I did my grocery shopping even though the weather was bitterly cold and I didn't feel like it.

I didn't buy any junk food at the supermarket.

I replied to an email that I have been meaning to reply to. The situation isn't resolved but at least I have made an attempt to deal with it. 

9 REPLIES 9
P12
Senior Contributor

Re: My day

I think you can be proud of your day, @Arizona . I find it satisfying to occassionally write down a list of small, medium, or large tasks or goals that are on my mind. I feel relieved when I cross them off and the process helps me refocus my efforts on what I truly want to achieve.

P12
Senior Contributor

A second technique I sometimes find satisfying is to perform an act of kindness or appreciation for someone else, whether I know them or not. Even if they don't notice my act, I usually feel better and sometimes feel ecstatic to know that I can interact with people this way.

Thirdly, I often feel purposeful by using my imagination and by dreaming. Whether it is about my values, ambitions, adventures, or simply something fictional, a good dream makes me feel refreshed and gives me something to strive toward.

Hi @Arizona 

Great with your achievements yesterday. I got out of bed a bit after midday today and am still in my dressing gown, but have been enjoying aspects of the day anyway, even if at the same time experiencing the low, dark and anxious groundtone I have experienced so many days of my life.

Your affirmations remind me to do mine soon if possible. I love and approve of myself - that's lovely. These are the ones my psychologist gave me last week:

Love is my natural state of being.
Love grows in me each and every day.
I am held and protected by love.
I am so grateful for my life.
Love flows with ease in my mind, my body and my being.
I am always kind to myself.
Love is my home.
I am love!

Even when my mind is feeling doubtful when reading or saying them, I find the word love over and over soothing.

Hi @P12 I like your practices as well.

Arizona
Senior Contributor

Right now it's 1.09am. My house is beautiful and warm and I'm having a cup of tea. I don't have any depression right now but I do have some anxiety.

Here the things I achieved today...

I ordered myself a book about Frida Kahlo. 

I did my affirmations in the mirror for 30 minutes (not in one go).

I ate healthy food all day. 

I took my vitamins and antidepressants.

I made some poached chicken for my Pug.

I made a salade niçoise for dinner.

I put a treatment in my hair.

I had a shower and cleaned my teeth.

I just popped some clothes in the washing machine and I'm going to hang them out tomorrow.

I'm starting to feel better after being triggered 10 days ago.

hello @Arizona@Mazarita@P12 Heart

how was your day today 

my day today was very quiet as it has been raining all day so that means no work 

i cleaned the house

done the washing 

cooked Tuna mornay for dinner tonight 

had a sleep this afternoon -- wow 

Arizona
Senior Contributor

Hi @Shaz51 

I'm cutting and pasting from a post I wrote earlier called "I've had a difficult day" (I probably should have posted it here):

I've had a difficult day. I'm in a state of anxiety and I feel overwhelmed by painful, intense feelings. I feel like I want to cry but I can't, and I don't know why I want to cry.

The painful feelings are mainly in my solar plexus.

I'm grateful that's it night time and there is not much noise at the moment. I can't handle the noise of the day. 

I'm going to listen to an audio book now. I have decided to listen to "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins. I'm hoping that listening to books like this will help me understand how I think and feel about God.

My Pug is snoring softly and it's a very relaxing sound. It's helping me to be present and breathe. I'm starting to feel a bit calmer. 

I'm grateful for peace and quiet, my Pug, my warm house and all the things that are helping me get through winter.

P12
Senior Contributor

Hello @Shaz51 . My day went well. I slept well the night before and felt calm throughout the day. I don't think I achieved much, except in feeling more content with my circumstances than I have felt sometimes, and that is something I would like to achieve.

thank you for the update @Arizona 

That is interesting --- how do you  think and feel about God.

love your little furbaby pug 

small steps at a time my friend @P12 Heart

Hi @Shaz51 thanks for reminding me to visit here with your tag. Glad you got a day off work the other day, and that you were able to get a sleep in. Heart

Hi @Arizona you mentioned the quiet of the night, I love it too. I too have found daytime hours much more difficult to get through for a long time. Lately I am getting out of the home more and enjoying being out there, an advance.

Hi @P12 good to hear you had a day of more contentment when you wrote your last post. Many more good days to you.

My day:

• four hours of NDIS admin and research, taking it slowly, with breaks
  • managed emotions well when I found out support co-ordinator has resigned
  • about an hour of video editing
  • listened to two meditations by my psychologist and did a chunk of homework
  • practised conscious breathing, presence and heart opening throughout day
  • gave C my attention, listening with interest and feelings of love and appreciation
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance