Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Arizona
Senior Contributor

Things I achieved today

Right now it's 6.38pm and I'm having a cup of tea. I have just turned the heating up and soon my house will be warm and cosy. 

I have no depression or anxiety right now.

Here are the things I achieved today...

8 hours of sleep.

Staying out of bed all day. 

Washing my face with a warm face washer. 

Eating healthy food all day. 

Taking my vitamins and antidepressants. 

Hanging the clothes out on the line.

Doing my affirmations in the mirror. 

Taking my Pug for a walk. 

Walking to the supermarket and back, and getting everything I need to make a tuna and mushroom pasta bake*.

I'm going to make the tuna and mushroom pasta bake now and then I will put a treatment in my hair (and have a shower).

*It's a long story but my car has broken down and I have to walk to the supermarket.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Things I achieved today

I drew a beautiful drawing today, and did some really good music practice.

The tuna and mushroom pasta bake sounds delicious.  I made lentil and potato soup for lunch, and before then I did my cats' litter trays and took out the rubbish, and gave my beard a trim, it gets quite curly and I start to look a bit like Ned Kelly.

Also walking is good for you and it can be relaxing at the same time.

Hi @Abner , I tried cooking with dried lentils so many times but I could never get them to cook properly so I gave up. Do you use dried or canned lentils in your soup?

I made my tuna and mushroom pasta bake and it was so yummy. I'm still experimenting with the recipe but once I perfect it I will share it on here.

@Arizona Yum your Tuna & mushroom bake sounds scrummy.

I visited my mum and painted her nails today which was fun for both of us.

I've started a jigsaw puzzle, I wanted a 500piece and the only one was a cute black and white one. It's of a girl and boys on bikes. Oh dear! It's hard 😳

I sometimes use canned lentils, but I find if I soak the lentils for a couple of hours and then cook them in a temperature just a bit hotter than simmering, that does the trick for me.

My dad loves jigsaw puzzles, he also loves playing chess online.  He can sit with a jigsaw puzzle for hours at a time, as well as playing a chess game, he multi-tasks that way.

I did something a week ago that I'm very, very proud of, I took responsibility for some emotional pain I caused someone while I myself was in a very distressed state of from depression and grief.  It taught me that we can win the battles we have with mental distress by being proud ourselves, and doing positive things.  I'm not going to feel good about having hurt her, but I will feel good that I then acted responsibly, and that has probably helped her to feel less victimised, and know she's been heard.  

Countless number of times in my life I've been abused by people who then walked away never to take any responsibility, and I was left powerless, victimised and unheard, I still think the law and justice are elusive to one such as I...and people can be repulsively cruel and dishonest under the cloak of anonymity, and when it's your word against theirs.  However the fact is when I hurt someone very badly I had the courage to take responsibility and care about her pain. I'm ashamed of hurting her, but proud that I didn't walk away.

And to those who walked away from me, keep going away!  That's the only good thing you'll ever do for me, so keep doing it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance