Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: CPTSP/BPD or undiagnosed ADHD?

Hello @AaaaahBlaaaaah 

Have you succeeded in making any progress for you? 
I think of you!

my daughter and grandson were pulled over by the police when my daughter was driving my car home and my grandson’s behaviour can be obnoxious at best, which always leaves him at risk with the police who refuse to understand disabilities like ASD and ADHD and BiPolar! And teaching my grandson socially acceptable behaviour has failed altogether unfortunately! Did a whole program at one one of the universities- I took him weekly- and he passed with flying colours as they say! But he thought the skills he learnt were for the group- not for the outside world! Never tried applying them to school, home anywhere- except the group! Wasted effort that was! And he always tried to tell me he wasn’t literal! Luckily I never argued the point! Just accepted that indeed this person is very literal! 
when I minded him once and took him to the park to play, he wouldn’t leave and it was getting dark! I called out “I’m not waiting till the cows come home”. I had his instant attention! He came running! “You have cows Grandma”  “Can we go see them?” How to explain sayings to a preschooler? Who’s literal? Where were those cows?

Just the beginning of learning that communication with someone with ASD was not only different but for someone without, challenging? He’s 18 now and it’s been a long road!

I really hope you find a positive path! 
some of the universities have clinics! Is it worth logging onto to their sites and checking what clinics they offer in the area around where you live?

@Doldips15

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance