Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Discrimination and damage

Hi @Former-Member

Thank you for your reply, and yes was it a school or an antisocial. narcisstic leaning option as a child. If so lucky them - can you imagine how remarkable their childhoods must have been. 

Dugga you sound strong in yourself and in your words - you are fighting the good fight, integrity values and compassion.

I have already tried and unfortunately only just survived the consequences. I know I will be stronger as the the forum has my back. Although, when I left work with a saturated face, and the massive aftermath, I recognised the fact that I could not "fight on" How have you found your strength, I have now done this for 4 years, I do not have much left to fight with anymore. 

I know that this organisation cannot treat people as they do, and yes they need to learn by example. My strong SW beiiefs and ethics are in conflict as a result. 

Although, I just want to run and hide. My MH has taken too much, I do not know if I can contend with any more.

Regards and thank you Bast

You know @Bast I would return to work for a while, just to make them squirm! Yes, I can be a rsther nasty individual because I believe in an honourable world....... thinking of you 🎶

Hi Kurra

Wow - how did you get such a strong reading on me. I actually said today at least I will make them become very sh.......ty, pretty well the same thing as squirm. I am doing so much better after speaking with you wonderful people - the big message that I have received is hang on - go for it and try to represent my own values and abilities. Utterly denigrated by working at this place.

I was so much happier when I was able to undertake the therapeutic pratice role as well - literally kept me going through all of this rubbish. Maybe I can put myself back together and make good things happen.

I still do not know what to do though, run or tuff it out.

Regards Bast

It's called Just Retribution @Bast. I don't believe in letting unacceptable behaviour win.

Going back to work has been important for me too. It has allowed me to realise that recovery starts with me and that empowering myself and moving forward comes from within. I discarded the victim mentality and replaced it with that of a survivor! Hugzzz 🎶
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Kurra and @Bast - first it was the need to see justice and now the strong desire for revenge is what keeps me going. At first I was upset and played the victim now it's time to make some people suffer. Knowing I'm in the right is what motivates me now.

@Bast

You said:

I am certain that I cannot ever return there for more abuse - the thought sends me straight into the horror movies I experience.     Finacially this will be very difficult - however what price my mind?

YES - this is exactly the situation I am in.  How much do we put ourselves through?  I don't think anyone can possibly understand it unless they have been through YEARS of this and how it takes such a negative toll on your health.  Initially it was about my rights and how I needed to stand up to the system and get some justice, but now years later, it is now just about me surviving and getting through each day.

I am like you in that I can never return to work for my previous employer. I would seriously consider whether any type of 'revenge' is worth showing up there to be possibly abused further and have more 'meetings' that will be artificially constructed.  Do not be tricked into thinking they will help you - any meetings WILL be set up and designed to benefit them.  If you do go back there please be careful.  Do not attend things by yourself and have a support person with you to take notes. 

I totally understand how important this is and how much angst it can cause as I am looking at resigning too.  It's not about giving up.  It's not about being a victim. It's about putting your health first.

@Bast I am so sorry that you are being treated like this. The stigma is bad regards mental health and  cant see it changing  soon. You have to do what is gest for you. You and your health are the most important thing. You have to say to yourself what is important . i sure hope you get relief and some sence of acknowledgement soon. My heart goes out to you . Woman Sad

Hi @girl99 and @Mee1955

thank you for your incredible support and clear understanding. Today - I have the miseries again, however it is better than the the horror movies in my head stage. 

I appreciate your guidance and advice, tomorrow I will resign they will always behave like this and I simply cannot take anymore. Your replay of my comment certainly has reinstilled how utterly disgraceful and damaging this PH workplace actually is. 

I will endeavour to have the workcover claim stopped, as this is making me feel horrified also. You are both so right, I need time to attempt to recover again. The words "I am not a victim" resonate, it is a decision for my well being and to potentially regain my life. I will not give them any more rights to harm me. 

With many thoughts and hugs

Bast

Discrimination @ Damage

@Bast

Are you sure you don't want to get some legal advice first before making this big decision?  Once you hand in your resignation, it may be too late to then take it back?  Do you have any sick leave left - please chat to your GP first about maybe getting a medical certificate and using that all up first.

Don't resign in haste.  Make sure it is a clear decision with the best information you have at the time.

Good luck Bast.  I really feel for you and hope things get better for you soon.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance