Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Help with boundry statagies

She was on anti depressants, but they made her feel numb, she doesn't want to take them again, well she said she would if she really had to, but she wants to try other natural things first, which is fine but she doesn't eat properly (she is trying but sometimes she just can't swallow it and when she forces it she vomits, not intentionally and she has put on 3kg lately so she's happy with that), also she loves salad so that doesn't help with putting on weight, because of her lack of eating she doesn't have the energy to exercise and she feels everyone is watching her when she had tried. Its a vicious cycle at the moment, so we are taking one step at a time. 

She told me yesterday she had anti anxiety meds from the drs too, so hopefully they might help. 

I didn't mean to put all the blame on him, they are like too immovable objects, neither wants to give an inch. I think they are a lot alike in some ways, but polar points apart in other ways. 

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with your Dad @Shaz51,  nothing in life is simple unfortunately xx

the meds will take a few weeks to work @Janiee

so walking with you and your daughter HeartHeart

does ypur daughter loves cheese , I do

@Faith-and-Hope

💓 @Janiee .... hearing you ...

Well I had a quiet weekend, no calls or texts since thursday and it wasn't aggressive. She text yesterday, again, not aggressive. She had an incident at the supermarket, which makes her anxious anyway, and was upset. As much as I enjoyed a quiet weekend, then I was stressing over why I hadn't heard from her...so I'm hoping anxiety meds might be starting to kick in.

Lol our whole family LOVES cheese @Shaz51, she is slowly putting on weight and trying to get back into good habits, but it doesn't take much to set her back again. Just focusing on the positives. @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @Determined @Former-Member thank you all for you support xx

That is positive news @Janiee but do understand anxiety over no contact.

Trust the meds are working and can continue to work. 

I was keeping an eye on her in other ways, never underestermate a worried mother lol 😉. @Determined

That is positive news @Janiee Heart

Ahh the lulling me into a false sense of security lol. I should have known it wouldn't last. Woke up this morning to abusive texts, she is angry with her father and so lets take it out on me too. Its a vicious cycle, I think she might be scared to get off of. Its easier to just stay angry and stay there than try to fix it.   @Shaz51 @Determined @Former-Member

@Janiee

I have often wondered if my darling feels uncomfortable when things are going well and subconsciously sabotages things 😔

Well going by my 3 hr phone call today and multiple texts, I would say self sabotage is definitely possible with my girl @Determined.

It feels like she is comfortable telling people how hard done by she is but not that she is getting help offered. 

Its like when I'm happy about something, she has to bring me down.

With her, its like her whole identity is the mental health problem at the moment and she doesn't know how to be known a happy person. Part of it, with her, is trying to get 100% of my attention too I think.

Not sure if any of this makes sense or is similar to your Darling @Determined

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance