Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Watching from the outside

Good morning @CheerBear and @Phoenix_Rising

Hope you are both well.

I'm on my way to a scary medical appointment and have tucked my rainbow coloured unicorn in my backpack so I can take it out and cuddle it while I am in the consulting rooms. Thanks for giving me the confidence to do that. I've done it with my psych before but no other medical practitioner.

Good morning @Former-Member. Wishing you well with your appointment this morning. It's nice to hear you feel confident taking your unicorn with you and I hope it gives you some comfort this morning 💗

MyMovie - A few of us have been reading a book on trauma called The Body Keeps the Score. In it the author states that "frightened adults respond to the same comforts as terrified children", which made me think of the discussion you started here.

I'm sorry to see you have closed your account here at the forum and am sad to see you go. I hope that your unicorn is with you wherever you are, keeping you safe and giving you comfort.

Take care
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance