Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

girl99
Senior Contributor

You are NOT crazy

I'm concerned by what is going on in the world and by our 'mental health' system.

There seems to be this systemic philosophy out there that if you don't 'love life' there is something really wrong with you and you need to be medicated or locked away until you think the world is great.  

I'm not sure who is perpetuating this idea but I think it is a combination of things - religious groups, politicians, governments (so that people will tow the line and do what they are told), mental health workers etc.  They all seem to come from this very damaging and outdated viewpoint that they must make you see life is fabulous and there is something wrong with YOU if you don't like the world.  So they will try to change you. Terrible treatments are performed on people to try to change them. These groups are given a lot of power to try to change people.  I believe these awful views and practices need to be challenged and changed. But they can only be changed with the will of the people who have a strong voice to speak out.  

You are not crazy if you don't like the world.  The world is not a good or fair place. The powerful will always try to oppress others and keep them down. My heart goes out to all those who have been unfairly treated, stigmatised and hurt in the name of their 'health'.  I hope these words help someone out there. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: You are NOT crazy

Dear girl99,

I do not agree with what you are saying but I understand what you are saying and I can see that things could be viewed that way. I have had bi-polar disorder, a diagnosed mental illness, for 47 years, and without the treatments I have received and the intervention of doctors at critical points I would literally be dead (suicide). I do not think of the world as a terrible place, in fact I have 4 children and when I am well I enjoy life and all its pleasures. When I become ill I don't feel as if I am being medicated or locked up against my will - on the contrary I accept being medicated and occasionally hospitalized  because I know these things will make me better, and allow me to participate fully in life again.

I don't like the world either - I read "The Age" this morning and it made me feel sick to hear about what is happening in the world. No, the world is not a nice place, and it is unrealistic for everyone to love the world, But psychiatists don't treat patients in order to get them to "like the world", they treat sick, miserable people who have no life and attempt to help them get well so that they can get on with their lives.

No doctor/psychiatrist can treat a patient without the patient's consent, except in a few rare and extreme cases. Terrible treatments are no longer being performed on patients - that was 50 years ago.

If you had diabetes would you consent to see a doctor and accept treatment? It is exactly the same for we people with mental illness. We accept treatment, with consent, so that we can get better and participate in life. What we choose to do with our lives is another question, but at least modern medicine (perhaps you'd better google some of the treatments) gives us back our lives.

Ellu

I definately see your view here girl99, the doctors and mental health authorities actually have no idea about mental health they are all babies in thier understanding. Either that or they just enjoy manipulation. Do not fear, things are about to get very real, we have great leaders amoung us, lighthouses of this world with higher powers, watch this space over the next 3 years.

Like I wrote in my recent post "The cure for Mental Health"
We are infact the first and foremost authorities on the matter we are the ones that should be getting the doctors wages, of course it won't be about money though for us because we are of a higher order and understanding. I ask you if you want to fly across the ocean to another country do you hire a pilot who has only read about flying in university or do you hire a pilot who has much experience with flying and knows how to direct and navigate the vehicle around a severe storm? In respect to those that have tried to help out of thier own heart and do the right thing, the many beings who aid and assist those in need from thier heart this is an expression of the discontentment of how people are mistreated and misunderstood in the mental health system and is not directed at them.

There is sollutions to all of this and it is coming, it is my path to liberate and free all from suffering and illusion, I am here for a higher calling, it is why I went to the darkest hells to bring compassion and understanding, to provide wisdom and teaching to all on this world, there are others here too. Leaders with higher powers and we won't be taken lightly, we will speak the truth whether they like it or not.

Rivinok ~

I will also add that I had discovered a great secret,

All of the labels and identifications put on us "you have bi polar, you have schitz, you are depressed here have some drugs" " you have this you have that" they are all statements and oppinions that when believed in become a reality for people, noone inherently has these illnesses they are labels stuck on people that over time become real, because after all these are the "big credited professionals" giving thier super expert oppinions and we should believe them because our parents were brainwashed too. But its all lies and I can prove it to all of you here on these forums and the world.

I can prove the falseness of every statement, idea and thought of the mind, all the identifications can be proven false and what remains is peacfulness, joyfulness, the original untouched unique spark that you are. This process is called Self Inquiry and it is a meditative process. This along with good food and being in nature can heal one completely.

Noone has to suffer anymore, the way is known.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance