Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Thanks for the check in. Working with kids with autism must be pretty special. Was that with the horses?

I'm OK, although feeling a bit numb right now. I've got an early appointment with my therapist in the morning, and I'm a little anxious at seeing her. I need to be more honest with her in order to feel helped. I'm not very good about speaking up for my needs.

@outlander

@Former-Member Heart

@Sans911 i wish i could share it with you but i cant. i can say yes to the horses but i cant give away much more unfortunatly. we dont really get many kids with disabilities where we are but its good to see them when they feel ok to sign up. One of the kids that were there today has barely been verbal for a long while but today she was speaking to me basically the entire duration of the event so was a good feeling once they told me at the end that that was the case.

is here anything in particular thats making you anxious to see her? being honest is really hard to do even when you have some trust in them. If talking about it in words is hard maybe writing a few dot points down to take with you to remind you or even hand to her would be helpful?
happy to just listen or talk about other things though, whatevers helpful for you tonight

Can you just sit with me for a while? @outlander

yep sure can @Sans911 i can even offer some lil sis hugs if youd like one of those too

Always willing to have lil Sis hugs @outlander 💜 💜

thTEYVMRNN.jpg incoming with one of these sorts of hugs @Sans911 might even give you a smile too. Heart

Goodnight  @Sans911 @Former-Member and everyone 💗

Awww.... Love that pic

Thanks lil Sis

Hugs @outlander Hope you get rest tonight.

hosses.jpg

Goed Night

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance