Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

MoonGal
Senior Contributor

The Fast Turnaround, Dizzy one day, Deathly the next

AH. <sigh> I had three good days - i could tell I was elevated, but didn't think I was hypo-manic. If the C-r-a-s-h today is any indication I was more elevated than I thought.

I seem never to have 'normal' - I am rarely sparkly. spinning, happy and full of chatter and life I get a few days of it and feel great - then nasty irritable sets in, then down
down
down
going down
Floor 5 - Ladies gloves, scarves and apparell.
down

down

doen

Ground floor
Going Down

Basement.

<sigh>
I am so sick of the turbulence.

84 REPLIES 84

Re: The Fast Turnaround, Dizzy one day, Deathly the next

@MoonGal Hope you are having a better day today 🙂   I know what the roller coaster feels like.  Remember to use that tool kit!

@eth - bounced into mixed state - currently hypomanic and have the dry awfuls. Brain racing at 10,000 miles and hour, gut churning, but do have a sense of humour. Ah the joys of living with bipolar. I had a series of flashbacks and memories yesterday about childhood trauma lived, and that spiralled me down. I am trying hard to get my equilibrium.

@MoonGal at times like that I do lots of mindful breathing practice and try to find a peaceful, creative activity to focus my mind on like adult colouring books, zentangles (which you can google, there are lots of free templates to down load or you can do your own), mandalas or I also enjoy getting into planning recipes, making shopping lists and cooking.  If I cook too much I freeze some and then it's there for if I crash down at some point.  Do you have a good support team - psych people or GP?  It might be time for a chat with them about your meds if you are on something, it could need adjusting.  Is your silver dial working for you?  I know how hard memory flashbacks can be and I also have bipolar 1 so have been through a lot of what you describe.  Hope this helps.  Happy to chat too 🙂

My 'support team' consists of my darling dog and partner.... Smiley Tongue

I bought a colouring book and coloured and loved it until my wrists and fingers complained it took a week for them to recover (arthritic/immflamatory) so colouring went out the window.

Okay, making a plan because you led me to it thank you. Stop looking at facebook posts. Shut the computer. Have a warm shower, walk doggit with partner down the street and buy a decaf soy coffee and little something to eat. Go to foreshore, watch seagulls and sea. Come home, pick up dog poop and do a load of washing (not necessaitly in that order) read a book (Julliette Marrilier's Bridei chrnicles), have a nap, watch another episode or two of Downton Abbey.

Silver Dial, set to 'O'. Thaks @eth - it is hard to remember what to do when I am in this state. Heart

@MoonGal I want to give lots of likes to your post!!!  Good luck with putting your plan into action Woman Very Happy

@eth.

Part one - skipped the shower, had walk coffee and donut. Tick!
Part two - Dog poo patrol while partner cleaned back gutter. Tick!
PArt three - Washing and reading - about to commence.

Thanks so much for your support & timely reminder.

Big Silver Dial - setting now at about 5... on its way to "0"

@MoonGal that was quick - not that I'm surprised.  Reading is something else I do a lot of at times.  I really use my local library and sometimes buy books in op shops.  How was the walk?

Hi @eth

Part three (4 hours later): Washing and reading and napping - Done. Tick!

Thanks so much for your support & timely reminder.

Big Silver Dial - setting now at about 2... don't know that I can get it down to "0" today...

I love my local library it is my portal into other worlds (stories), where I don't have to be me.

I am trying a new thing in my 'toolkit' that has just eveolved over the past few weeks. In bed, laying down after reading, trying to quieten my mind...

The Albatross

As I breathe in I imagine 'my' wings going up
As I breathe out I imagine 'my' wings going down.

As I breathe,  "I" fly

Thank you for beng there for me today - yes the "that was quick" hahaaha - that is my life I don;t 'muck around' everything is supercharged. 

Love The Albatross @MoonGal.  Glad to hear you were able to nap.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance