Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Our coping toolbox 🧰

@Shaz51: My dog is an old boy, a Maltese Shih Tzu (maybe crossed with something else too — he's long-legged for his breed). He has one eye, arthritis, and Cushing's disease, but he's still loving life. The other dog in my life, a very lively, young Mini Labradoodle, is actually my sister's dog, but he spends a lot of time at my place in my care. They're both great companions. They love to walk, play and cuddle.

I hope you can get a furry companion too someday soon! 

Awww @Fiefke 😍

I have had lots of pets over the years 

I inherited a foxy and  he live until he was 19 

I picked my corgi from the moment she was born and she was a wonderful friend for 16 years ❤️ 

@tyme , @Oaktree , @StuF , @Emelia8 , @Zoe7 

I had a corgi in the past @Shaz51 . Lovely dogs. Not the 'prettiest', but very very loyal

Very loyal @tyme , mine was cheeky and loved eating mulberries,  avocado 🥑 and manerines 

We also had her mum but my corgi had longer legs 🤣😂

COPING WITH STRESS THIS XMAS

Xmas is approaching and things can get very stressful this time of year.  I received this e-mail from a QiGong teacher who has a free, easy to do step-by-step sequence for relieving stress/anxiety.  He said stress creates contraction and we need to have techniques that open the body's natural energy reservoirs so we can experience much needed equilibrium again

With all the high octane environments typically associated with this time of year he suggests a quick fallback strategy to melt the exacerbated emotions to restore instant calm. Who wouldn't want that? Going by the comments in the you tube video embedded in the article people even in high stress working environments like hospitals are getting rapid relief from this short accessible series of exercises designed to release pent up energy. One person quoted that everyone should have access to this short but powerful series of techniques to alleviate stress. People have also reported higher oxygenation levels in their blood after doing these exercises.

I think most people who are easily affected by the seasonal celebrations tend to be somewhat introverted and designated by what this QiGong teacher calls as having Yin constitutions. By being around lots of people can be overwhelming because it is Yang energy and as such it upsets the natural harmony and balance of some Yin folk.

Anyway I thought I would include this here for us to use as a quick an easy remedy to help realign the harmony of the body. I intend to use it more frequently.

There is nothing wrong by the way by being Yin dominant. There is a place for Yin in the world even though we tend to overemphasize Yang in our culture. I had to learn to make friends with my Yin characteristics instead of wondering why I wasn't anything like Yang motivated people.

I mean you wouldn't see a Yin personality like Eckhart Tolle running for President and you would see a Yang personality like Donald Trump doing a Yin Eckhart Tolle. So there is a place for everything. Just accept it as the natural flow of your own energy makeup and learn to see its inherent value rather than as an impediment to change because you would rather exhibit other characteristics of Yang people.

There are many inherent gifts from being Yin natured but they are not valourised in our culture, we just have to accept the boons that comes from them and learn to harness and work with their energy to our unique benefit.

Anyway here's the link to the article. It goes into it some more. The you tube video on how to do the sequences is contained within the article. I hope some folks benefit from this and being able to bring harmony and balance over the Xmas Season. 

https://www.holdenqigong.com/how-to-use-qi-gong-principles-to-maintain-equilibrium-amid-the-holiday-...

@Shaz51 @Former-Member @tyme @Fiefke @Oaktree @NatureLover @StanD @Historylover @StuF @Dimity 

Thank you for thinking of us, @SmilingGecko. I'll look into it further.

Summer is here!!😎🌞

As he says in his you tube videos these simple practices transform stress into vitality. Its a way of recycling negative stressful energy to use for us and not against us! @Historylover 

sometimes I try to essay's or reviews on something to impel mee toward active consumption  like a book or movie or general topic. and if I'm not simply engaged so passively my mind finds a stillness in one focus field rather than a million bumpercar molecules of onkey mind erratic thoughts

Yes time off to think is not great for me either. Let me get absorbed in work and forget my ruminating

@Me73 ruminating can be really hard to shake ourselves out of, for sure. I find that engaging in something creative really helps me - for me that's writing, dancing, and sketching. Do you have stuff like that that can help keep your mind occupied at times when rumination starts to set in? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance