Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Physical Activity and Mental Health

i used to do triathlons @Determined but now I have more sense! I sometimes go out on the bike but usually limit my cyclimg to the tour de France every July.

Hey @Determined how's it going? I ride both on the road and trainer. I got into triathlon so I have a TT bike which I am still a little scared of riding on the road, lol. I go mountain biking too, bike trails. At the moment though it's mostly been trainer as I'm trying to build up my endurance while the weather is crappy. I want to do Ironman tris eventually once Covid settles down. 
BB 🐰💙

Hi @BlueBay 

You are more energetic than me doing tri's   lol. I can not run at all (gumby legs) and having a shower is the extent of me getting wet. 

We also mountain bike. Have some great trails close by. We have some good quiet roads that we can ride on also out on the road. Ranging from hilly to mostly flat. 

Not me @Determined  i think you mean @bipolarbunny 

I'm not capable or fit enough to do a tri 

Whoops 

@bipolarbunny   👆

LoL sorry @BlueBay 

Been a long day driving and am a but addled lol. 

ha ha not for me either my sister @BlueBay Heart

@Determined Yeah I used to do martial arts and a lot of running but as I got older my knees couldn't handle it. I had to find something else, so I picked triathlons. I did them 20 years ago before they became so popular and always wanted to do Ironman Hawaii. So that's my ultimate dream. 
I really love mountain biking we have some great trails in Victoria. 
Hey maybe we should arrange a virtual trainer ride one night/day? I train on my own so would be great motivation. 
BB 🐰💙

@Eve7 wrote:

i used to do triathlons @Determined but now I have more sense! I sometimes go out on the bike but usually limit my cyclimg to the tour de France every July.

Lol @Eve7 I'm definitely biting off more than I can chew! 😂 But if your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough! 😉

BB 🐰💙

Virtual ride sounds like a great idea @bipolarbunny  . Group riding makes it so much easier. I  def could not do more than 15min by myself. Doing it together with my darling makes a big difference.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance