Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Physical Activity and Mental Health

I lived in Kona for a couple of years @bipolarbunny  that’s as close as I got to doing the Ironman!!!

@Eve7 Did you ever go and watch the race? OMG I would LOVE to live in Kona! 🙂 xx

BB 🐰💙

Yes, I watched it @bipolarbunny and I love Kona.

Sounds great @Determined we could start a thread like Group Virtual Ride and then tag in anyone interested and work out a time to get together for a virtual ride. That would be awesome. 🙂

BB 🐰💙

Well done @Shaz51 for continuing the conversation. All of you are inspiring me!

@ethI have thought about tai chi for a while. Is it something you can do at home on your own, or do you need a teacher? I'm guessing it's both.

I do yoga, almost everyday. If anyone's interested The-great-yoga-adventure 

Hello @Poppyfriend543 gardening is a good one. I feel like I've been hibernating a bit but will get out into the garden this weekend. We have The-Community-Garden here!

Hope everyone has time for some activity today, even a little bit!

Hi @Eve7 @Determined @bipolarbunny ...

Hi @frog  sorry for the delay replying.  Yes you can do tai chi at home, tho' I prefer doing it in a group.  You can also learn it from youtube or check out the Australian Academy of Tai Chi and Qi Gong for Gary Khor's videos.  It's so good - I'm quite hooked on it.  Aside from fitness, strength, stamina and balance and mental health (finding that zen zone) it has all sorts of internal physiological benefits.  I can't recommend it enough!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance