Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: I believe i am dealing with narcissistic partner. Realised after 15 years of marriage.

Hi there I think we must be twins only my marriage has been for 25 years I reached out for counciling and when I got home I was just abuse and she made it all about her to the point I could not go any more I have no family members or friends to talk to as my life has been a work enviroment and have always gave every cent I've made to her our whole lives to buy food etc and have had no means of getting away or even going somewhere for a night unless I live in my car im so confused and very stuck in this position im so unsure what to do from here.

Re: I believe i am dealing with narcissistic partner. Realised after 15 years of marriage.

Hi @glimpton,

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing this

It must be so hard

Do you have any professional support in place? Someone you can talk to and share what's happening for you

You're not alone and please continue reaching out here ❤️

Hi there thanks for getting back to me no I have no one.if I get caught on the phone to someone there will be an argument and i can't take no more of that so I use my computer and I can't afford to go talk to anyone.

That must be so hard @glimpton 

I imagine it makes you feel isolated

How best can we support you during this time?

im not sure?do you have any suggestions.

Hi @glimpton,

You mentioned that you can't talk on the phone or afford to go to talk to someone - I was wondering if there's some way you can feel more connected. You can use forums for support if using the computer is easier for you. 

I understand you mentioned counselling has not worked in the past. Was this couples counselling or just for you?

Hey @Alap,

Thank you for letting us know and I hope that your appointment went/goes well.

As @Asgard said, you do really need that time to look after yourself and your mental health, especially considering the stressful situation you have at home.

Wishing you all the best,

defaultusername

Hi @glimpton,

I am sorry to see that you are experiencing what sounds like quite a difficult situation, I can only imagine how stressful that must be.

I am also sorry that you're feeling so isolated.

There are some wonderful support services that can be done online and are both free, such as:

I hope that you find the support that you need and we are always here for you when you need to reach out.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

defaultusername

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance