Skip to main content

Forums

Re: Topic Tuesday // Being a Carer in a Regional Community // Tues 19th March, 7pm AEDT

Yeah apologies guys just a reminder no specific location or sharing of locations in our forums due to our community guidelines 🙂 @Arafmi_Ltd  @Shaz51  @Grayso  The best bet would be for members to contact ARAFMI directly.

Re: Topic Tuesday // Being a Carer in a Regional Community // Tues 19th March, 7pm AEDT

no you are not breaking the law here @Arafmi_Ltd , I can say near Cairns , @Former-Member 

I would have to travel for a carer support group (although have suggested a local group to my carer support person). 

Welcome @Faith-and-Hope  😄

Yep you sure can @Shaz51 just no specific location, spot on Heart

yes all good , thank you @Arafmi_Ltd 

HeartHeart @Former-Member 

A local group would be amazing! 🙂 @Former-Member 

@Grayso  your GP will likely be aware of telepsych services in your area.

Our website is here and our 24hr helpline is 07 3254 188 @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Grayso 

I hope you get in touch, but I will also be asking the team about support groups near you x

Loving the momentum tonight all 🙂 Moving onto some strategies! Question 4...

It’s easy to be hard on ourselves, and forget to turn inwards with some self-love during our journey’s as carers. What are some other ways you can exercise self-compassion when caring for our loved ones? Especially considering layers of isolation due to being a part of a smaller community or regional area.

giphy (3).gif