Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Schizophrenia/schizoaffective: The good, the bad and the Ugly

Bing! It's me and I can scarcely believe it but I am elevated again. My fingers can't type fast enough to keep up with my thoughts. I am listening to sombre music in an effort to bring me back down, but boy I must admit I am enjoying this. 😄 The sun is high in the sky and colours, oh the colours seem more magnetic when I am like this. I hope I don't too high though, just a little taste of mania is enough for me!

@Queenie Awww! Have to say that I am a wee bit jealous Queenie 🙂 Hope it all stays manageable.

Hey @greenpea!!!!!

Fancy finding you here! 😄 😄 😄 

I think this should be manageable because it is only elevation, not full blown mania. I've still managed to sleep last night for about four hours. Do you ever find when you are elevated you don't feel hungry? My Mrs keeps on telling me to eat but I don't feel hungry. 🙂

@Queenie Yes when I was manic 99% of the time I was as thin as a rack. It was great! bring it on 😛

Hahaha I've been told to "buzz off" by the Mrs as I kept bothering her she said. I've been exiled to listen to loud music in the bedroom. One woman party happening right here right now! Just because she discovered I've been online shopping again! She changed my ebay password PMSL!!!!

Hi everyone I also have schizoaffective disorder and have gained weight. I am pretty much resigned to a life of medication as my thoughts were too disturbed to go without it. 

I go up and down quite a bit but overall I am OK 🙂 

Hello everyone! Thanks for starting this thread! I'm a sufferer and have been battling my illness since I was a teenager as far as I can trace it back. I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia at 21, and have thankfully been medicated ever since. The medication makes the symptoms far more managable, although I think there will always be some of it going on. I even have moments where I forget about my symptoms and my illness, and start feeling like a fraud. It isn't until my next bad moment that it all comes flooding back. My friend used the analogy of how in summer, you forget how it could have ever been cold enough to use a heater. Then winter comes around, and you can't understand needing air conditioning. It seemed quite fitting. Anyway, that's a basic introduction about me, i'd love to hear about everyone else!

Hi @Moriarty @Queenie @greenpea just wanted to see how you all are coming into Spring? 

Hi @moriarty and welcome to the boards (I don't think I've met you before) 🙂 

@Lilyq at the change of seasons from Summer to Winter and Winter to Summer, I always seem to go haywire. I'm not sure if it is the weather, the environment or people's attitude to seasons, but it happens every single time. I remain medicated but still go somewhat out of control this time of year. I guess it takes insight to know what is happening and for the most part even when these blips happen, I still have insight these days.I am thankful for that.

That's unusual @Queenie never heard of that happening before, maybe some kind of seasonal disorder.

Me I am enjoying the warmer weather and looking forward to a road trip the day after tomorrow. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance