Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Schizophrenia/schizoaffective: The good, the bad and the Ugly

It's good that you are calmer @greenpea. It's just something I have gotten into recently (like this week). I am worried about the weight gain caused by the medication. It's a real shame that the medication causes such harsh side effects. 

@Lilyq good luck with your gymming 🙂 . I tried to get back into it but found I had to move to something calmer or I would start stimming.  I hate the weight gain I am exercising whenever I get the chance now I just loathe being fat :(. 

Yep it's hard @greenpea, I wish I didn't have to take a cocktail to stay sane!

On another note I am excited for my road trip tomorrow 🙂 I had better get packing... Ahh stuff it I will pack tomorrow early. 

@Lilyq have a wonderful time! I love going on 'adventures'. 😄

I used to swim laps @greenpea which used help with the cardio side of things as far as exercise is concerned. I really must get back into it I think. 

Interestingly I could always tell my hallucinations (voices) weren't real when swimming. This is because I could still hear them underwater.

Gee your voices love you lol @Queenie. I have now learnt to live without my voices to a degree. Although hearing about yours makes me kind of miss mine 😮 it is like missing and old 'friend'.

Oh @greenpea my voices don't love me I don't think, they love to hate me though. The only times they left were when I had ECT and was on a last-resort antipsychotic which I can no longer take as it very nearly caused me to have a heart attack. At first I missed them, but after a while I just along fine and actually looked and felt so much better without them. Gone were the dark circles under my eyes and my ghostly look, replaced by a smile. I yearn for those days again but my psychiatrist won't give me ECT unless it is an absolute emergency. 

@Queenie sorry Queenie I didn't mean to be flippant. I know what you mean. Sorry they  give you so much grief. I am lucky with mine they have literally floated away with the meds ....

It's all good little pea @greenpea GP 🙂 I know you mean anything by it. I kind of wish I could get rid of mine at any cost. I take these meds and although I am no longer paranoid or delusional and visually hallucinating, I still hear Them. I remember a case manager once say to me "you take meds so you can't possibly be hearing voices, it must be negative thinking instead". I had a hearing test recently and couldn't distinguish between the sounds which were the test and the sounds which were not. I kept indicating I was hearing things during the test when nothing was being played. It confused the lady at the hearing centre LOL! 

🙂 Did she know your diagnosis @Queenie

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance